Last week I turned 55. One year ago to the day today, I was facing a really ugly tumor. Let’s just say this last year is amazing grace. I just got back from backpacking in the mountains of Colorado with some inspiring friends. To have the strength to do this is indeed a miracle.
A few things I am thankful for today:
- I am alive
- I am strong.
- I am healthy.
- I have a beautiful wife that loves me, in spite of me.
- I have two beautiful daughters that are amazing.
- I still have my Dad and he’s happy.
- I have a group of friends and colleagues that are lovers of life and God.
- I live in a beautiful place with the love of my life.
Yea, we had some tough times. Times when I wondered why God was punishing me. But I survived with the support of a lot of people, and those times only served to strengthen who I will be when God is done with me.
I now know those times are just chapters in a really cool novel with MANY chapters.
I can’t wait for the next chapter.